Monday, December 24, 2012

Very Minty Peppermint Bark

I've been wanting to make some peppermint bark this holiday season and decided what better day than Christmas Eve to make it. This is a recipe I found off of the Food Network that I altered, instead of the white chocolate, I decided to use Andes mint baking chips to give it a more minty flavor. I also made a few other changes.  I hope you will try it out and let me know what  you think!  Merry Christmas!

Ingredients

  • Crushed candy canes, to yield 1 cup
  • 2 bags of Andes Creme De Menthe Baking Chips, 10 oz

Directions:

Place candy canes in a plastic bag and hammer into 1/4-inch chunks or smaller. Use a strainer to sift out the peppermint dust from hammering the candy canes. Set the bowl of peppermnt dust aside as well as the bowl of the candy cane pieces. Melt the chocolate in a double boiler. Add peppermint dust to the chocolate mixture and stir thoroughly until completely mixed. Pour mixture onto a cookie sheet layered with parchment or waxed paper. Sprinkle crushed candy cane pieces on the poured chocolate and place in the refrigerator for 45 minutes or until firm. Remove from cookie sheet and break into pieces (like peanut brittle.)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment