Sunday, August 18, 2013

Chocolate-Chip Banana Bread

 
 
This recipe is from the Pillsbury Complete Cookbook. (I love this cookbook btw, it's one of my favorites!)

Ingredients:

3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter, soften
2 eggs
1 cup (2 medium) mashed ripe bananas ( I added 3 when I made mine, I just love bananas)
1/3 cup milk
1 teaspoon of vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup chopped nuts ( I substituted this with the chocolate chips, I used semi-sweet and dark chocolate chips)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon of salt

1. Heat oven to 350 F. Grease bottom only of 9x5 or 8x4 inch loaf pan. In large bowl, combine sugar and butter; beat util light and fluffy. Add eggs, beat well. Add bananas, milk and vanilla, blend well.

2. In small bowl, combine flour, nuts(if you want it like my bread, chocolate chips then), baking soda, and salt, mix well. Add to banana mixture; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. Pour into greased pan.

3.Bake at 350 F for 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minitues; remove from pan. Cool 1 hour or until completely cooled. Wrap tightly and store in refrigerator.

 
Bon Appetite!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment